From India to Nepal – Part 2

From India to Nepal – Part 2

From India to Nepal – Part 2

[box]After the recent devastation in Nepal, I thought about it carefully, and I’d like to share my experience in Nepal as a way to shed some uplifting light on a very dark topic. It’s no secret I fell in love with Nepal. I haven’t been able to stop aching of the Nepal Earthquake tragedy. I made many memories in Nepal, a place that felt like home, and I’d like to keep them alive and well. I’ve been caught up in my own life, as I prepare to return to India, and thus, I haven’t been able to write about my experiences in the last few weeks of my stay in India. Well, regardless of my busy schedule, it’s high time I told this story.
I hope that my story can help you feel connected to Nepal, as I did, and I hope you find it in your heart to help in any way that you can.

Please continue to pray for Nepal.

Thank you. ♥[/box]

The first part of this story begins here.

As our bus left the lot, the energy was at its peak. Everyone was excited for the journey, but even more excited to reach our destination.
Delhi Police escorted our bus, sirens wailing and lights flashing, until we reached city limits. After that, we were on our own.
I was impressed by the spacious seats, but DN claimed they were too small. That’s when I started to wonder what he would have considered “spacious”.

The windows were huge and tinted, and had curtain rods, but no curtains. Floors were clean, and seats were surprisingly not worn down. The seats were soft. Much better, compared to seats in the flights I have been on. The only downside of the ride, was the fluctuation of temperature. In an attempt to keep everyone comfortable, I was either on fire or freezing.

The driver’s assistant turned the TV on, and put an upbeat Bollywood CD in. The driver’s assistant was a humble old man. He had rounded glasses, rosy cheeks, and a long, curly, white beard. He resembled Santa Clause, except he wore a woolen vest and matching pagdi (turban).
The driver himself was wearing a navy blue blazer with white pants, and a navy blue pagdi. He had a less maintained black beard, and a feisty and fun attitude. DN experienced that, first hand, later on.
The excitement started to die down, an hour later. Everyone got quiet and sleepy. I began nodding off, leaning in to DN.

The first stop came rather quickly, when our bus pulled into an organized parking lot. I got off the bus to use the bathroom, and was surprised to find large, clean bathrooms with attendants. I stretched and took my time returning to the bus.

Upon my return, I sat down in my seat and waited for DN to return from the bathroom. While he was away, a man wearing serving gloves climbed on the bus and announced the menu at the restaurant nearby, extending an invitation to anyone interested.
When DN didn’t return, I looked outside to find him standing near a small group of people, stretching his legs. I hopped off the bus and told him about the restaurant nearby. Our original intention was to go together, but we decided that one of us should stay with our things on the bus. I stayed behind, and not long later, he brought me a spicy veg pastry.


“Oh, you just got snacks?” I asked.
“Yes,” He replied. “The food quality was not so good, and they didn’t have the option to parcel it.”
We quietly finished eating, and continued on our long journey ahead.

To be continued…

Post A Comment