Turmeric, also known as Haldi, is used in Indian Ayurvedic and Chinese medicine. It’s a super-spice! Used topically, turmeric can help with eczema, acne, wrinkles, dry skin, circles under your eyes and so much more.
In India, when a bride and groom are preparing for marriage, they attend a celebration known as Haldi. During the Haldi Ceremony, hundreds of friends and family members gather to apply a turmeric paste to the face, hands and feet of the bride and groom. This improves the complexion of the bride and groom, and leaves them with a healthy glow.
What you will need:
- Garbanzo Bean Flour (Chickpea Flour / Graham Flour)
- Almond Oil
- Turmeric Powder
Mix together in a bowl:
- 2 Heaping tablespoons of Garbanzo Bean Flour
- 1 Teaspoon of Turmeric
- 1.5 Teaspoons of Almond Oil
- Add milk a little at a time, stir and make a paste.
Note: Before applying this mixture to your face, test a small amount on the back of your hand, to ensure you will not have a bad reaction. This is a good idea when trying anything new.
- Wash your face normally, and dry with towel.
- Once your face is dry, apply a thin and even layer all over your face. Be careful not to get any in your eyes.
- After 20 minutes, the mask should be hardened and ready to rinse off.
- Apply warm water to your face, and in a circular motion, rub the mask off with your hands.
- When the mask has rinsed off completely, dry your face and voila!
Use this turmeric face mask twice a week for best results.